Yoga Postures to Balance Your Chakras
Yoga Postures To Balance Your Chakras Yoga Postures To Balance Your Chakras Summary: Get to know about Chakra yoga poses that open and balance the chakras. From yoga studios to medical centres, there is too much buzz about Chakras everywhere. The seven energy centres present in the human body can do wonders if activated and balanced. If you wish to experience these wonders by activating your chakras, consider practicing Chakra yoga.
According to Hindu and Buddhist theories, there are seven points in a human body known as Chakras that govern several aspects of the personality and are responsible for spiritual, physical, and emotional energies. As said by Rishis and yogis, Chakra means wheel or circle that depicts the vibration of pure and continuous ‘pranic’ energy. Out of seven chakras, three of them are in the lower part and rest four are in the upper part of the body. These are the seven centres in which energy flows through. In this busy and hectic life, often we become stressed, anxious, and emotionally imbalanced. This blocks the flow of energy in the chakras, leading to illness, aches and various physical and mental ailments. Hence, it is very essential to let the energy flow smoothly through Chakras to stay healthy and fit.
All the chakras have their own special role. Let us become aware of these seven chakras, which when opened and balanced, lead to spiritual awakening.
1. Muladhara or Root Chakra: Located at the base of the spine, this chakra deals with basic human instinct and survival.
2. Swadhisthana or Sacral Chakra: Above the root chakra, it is located at the sacrum. It manages reproductive cycle.
3. Manipura or Navel Chakra: It is located in the stomach area. It governs self-esteem, fear, powers, etc. It also regulates digestion process.
4.Anahata or Heart Chakra: Above the heart, this chakra is located in the chest. It deals with love, peace, devotion, etc.
5. Vishuddhi or Throat Chakra: Located in the throat, this chakra deals with self-expression and communication.
6. Ajna or Third Eye Chakra: Located between the eyebrows, this chakra amplifies intuition, imagination and the ability to deal with problems.
7. Sahasrara or Crown Chakra: Located at the very top of the head, this chakra deals with inner and outer beauty and, also spiritual connection.
Yoga is a great way to release the ‘prana’ energy when it is stuck. It eliminates the musty energy from the system and brings the fresh energy through the poses and breathing exercises. This process is known as Chakra Yoga. Practicing Chakra yoga helps open, balance and energise the chakras, leading to a stable and balanced functioning of our physical and emotional well-being.
Some of the Chakra yoga poses that help in activation of these vital forces of energies are:
1. Reclined Bound Angle Pose or Supta Baddha Konasana for 1st Chakra: Lie down on the back with legs extended and arms resting at the sides with palms facing the ceiling. Bend the knees to bring the soles of your feet towards the pelvis. Press the edge of soles on the floor and let your legs fall upon both sides. Relax the shoulders away from the ears and allow the back to sink in the mat. Stay in the posture for 1-5 minutes and release gently.
2. Pigeon Pose or Eka Pada Rajakapotasana for 2nd Chakra: Reach on all fours. Bring the right knee forward. Place it behind the right wrist and ankle below the left hip. Stretch the left leg behind with toe pointed outwards. Keep the hips square to the floor. Lower yourself down gently and if needed, use support below the right buttock to keep your hip level intact. On inhalation, reach on your fingertips and lift the upper body. Pull your navel in, tailbone down, and open the chest. On exhalation, stretch your hands forward on the fingertips and lower down the upper body. Stay in the posture for 5 breaths and release gently.
3. Mountain Pose or Tadasana for 3rd Chakra: Stand with feet together. Inhale and raise the toes gently. Try to balance your body on both heels. Stretch the shoulders, arms and chest upward while balancing the whole weight on heels. Hold the posture for 5-10 seconds and feel the stretch in the entire body.
4. Eagle Pose or Garudasana for 4th Chakra: Begin in standing position. Bend your knees and cross the right thigh over the left one. Ensure that the left foot is firmly pressed on the floor and the top of the right foot is placed on the left calf. Now, bend the elbows and raise your forearms up to shoulder height. Cross the right arm over the left with palms facing each other. Relax the shoulders away from the ears and stay in the posture for 5 breaths. Repeat on the other side.
5. Bridge Pose or Setu Bandha Sarvangasana for 5th Chakra: Lie down on the back and relax the hands sideways. Now, bend the knees and spread them apart. Raise the body from pelvis area with the support of hands. Hold the posture for few minutes.
6. Child Pose or Balasana for 6th Chakra: Begin in kneeling position with back straight. On exhalation, bend forward to lay your stomach on thighs and head on the mat. Extend the arms in front.
7. Headstand or Sirsasana For 7th Chakra: Begin in child pose. Interlock the fingers with palms forming a cup shape. Keep the head on the cup and slowly raise the knees by pulling the toes towards the head. Now, slowly raise the legs upwards. When the body gets balanced properly in this posture, straighten the legs and do not fall backwards. Ensure that the spine, thighs, and head are in line. Breathe deeply and stay in this posture for as long as you are comfortable.
So, practice these yoga poses to balance your chakras and bring bright wonderful effects on your mind, body, and soul.
Meet Our Yoga Teachers
Gabriele (Gaby) Alscher
How to find the best yoga teacher training in Gurgaon
Learning yoga is a life-changing experience that would let you view the world with a different lens. It aims at self-...
Which yoga style works best for your needs
Yoga is an ancient practice, which has its roots in India. The essential role of yoga is to create a powerful and mea...
How to Find the Best Yoga Center in Gurgaon
Gurgaon is widely defined as one of the financial, technological, and industrial hubs of the country. Gurgaon is also...
Aumyogashala 5th International Yoga Day Celebration
International Yoga Day is celebrated every year on the 21st of June to raise awareness among people about the benefit...