Top 5 Amazing Benefits of Yoga
While watching yoga pictures or yoga workout videos, most people assume yoga to be a hippie-type of workout that involves physical exercises to improve the physical appearance, strength, flexibility, stamina and other characteristics of the body. But, this is not Yoga is truly all about. While watching yoga pictures or yoga workout videos, most people assume yoga to be a hippie-type of workout that involves physical exercises to improve the physical appearance, strength, flexibility, stamina and other characteristics of the body. But, this is not Yoga is truly all about.
Derived from the Sanskrit word “yuj’ meaning to join or to unite, Yoga symbolizes union — a union of the individual consciousness or the divine self with the Universal consciousness and the Spirit. It is an age-old knowledge, an art and a science that originated years ago and, was further nurtured by Rishis and Brahmins in the lap of India.
Looking at a few yoga pictures, yoga might seem twisting, turning and stretching the body in the most complex ways but this holistic art is a lot more than what it looks like in the pictures and videos. Standing on the head, stretching or twisting the body and holding the breath is not yoga, instead these are yoga asanas which are elements of a yoga workout. When we say ‘Yoga’, we are referring to a specific state where we experience everything united into one. It is a union of mind, body and soul that leads to physical enhancement, spiritual elevation, and emotional integration in ways beyond imagination.
We all know that practicing yoga develops strength and flexibility in the body. However, there is a brighter side of yoga when practiced on a regular basis of which most of us are not aware yet. From a glowing beautiful skin, a perfectly shaped body to a balanced mental state and a healthy, joyous and contented life, whatever you are looking for in terms of physical and mental well-being, yoga rewards you with it. A few minutes of yoga workout daily can do wonders on your mind, body, and soul. The benefits of yoga asanas aren’t limited to a body level; it has a lot more to do with mental and spiritual being. Yoga plays a vital role in the development of a mind-body-soul and helps lead a happier, healthier, and harmonious life. Be it old or young, man or woman, yoga is for all.
Yoga, an invaluable gift of Indian tradition provides a new way of living to individuals and brings numerous health benefits. Take a glance at some of the tangible advantages that can be achieved through yoga:
1. Be fit, flexible and full of energy: There are immense health benefits a yoga workout can bring, if practised daily. Yoga asanas help in getting attuned with the body and make it strong, supple and flexible. Different types of sustaining asanas require different levels of stretching and strengthening. While performing sustaining yoga asanas, we stretch our body that increases our flexibility and muscular endurance. The daily exhaustive schedule leaves us dead, cranky and completely drained at the end of the day. Practicing yoga instantly boosts our energy levels, charges our batteries, and make us feel refreshed and recharged throughout the long hectic day.
2. Live a less stressful life: Yoga is a low-cost, easy, and enjoyable natural remedy for boosting mental health. To relax the body at cellular level, we need deep rest and peace. A few minutes of yoga workout that includes deep, restful breathing techniques releases tension and daily accumulated stress in both the body and mind. Various yoga asanas, Meditation practices, and Pranayama therapy help in improving mood and mental disorders as well.
3. Say goodbye to excess weight: Various yoga asanas help in losing excess weight by burning calories and toning the muscles.. However, our food choices also impact our body weight. Through yoga, individuals become more sensitive towards food choices as yoga demands healthier food and this leads effective weight loss.
4. Experience complete solace: Yoga workout is a great way to calm the disturbed mind. Breathing exercises calm our nerves and bring the mind to a relaxed, still, and peaceful state. The breathing exercises in Pranayama involve continuous deep inhaling and exhaling that build oxygen in the body and result in a calm, peaceful and clear mind.
5. Stay relaxed, happy, and contended: Deep yoga asanas help in reconnecting with the soul that leads to clarity in all aspects of life, be it relationships or work. Once a person is aware of his true being, life becomes more pleasing, optimistic, and harmonious than ever. In addition, daily yoga workout helps in better sleep and allows us to unwind and be in the moment.
So, start practicing yoga on a regular basis and make the most out of your life.
Meet Our Yoga Teachers
Gabriele (Gaby) Alscher
How to find the best yoga teacher training in Gurgaon
Learning yoga is a life-changing experience that would let you view the world with a different lens. It aims at self-...
Which yoga style works best for your needs
Yoga is an ancient practice, which has its roots in India. The essential role of yoga is to create a powerful and mea...
How to Find the Best Yoga Center in Gurgaon
Gurgaon is widely defined as one of the financial, technological, and industrial hubs of the country. Gurgaon is also...
Aumyogashala 5th International Yoga Day Celebration
International Yoga Day is celebrated every year on the 21st of June to raise awareness among people about the benefit...